What you need from a mentor when starting or developing your own business.
I would like to share some thoughts with you when selecting a business mentor/coach. They must provide an independent assessment of the current position of an individual, their idea, and thus their needs and capacity for mentoring.
What do you need from your business mentor/ coach when starting or developing a business or project? Sherpha is here to help and guide you.
A business mentor/coach must have the commercial insight, skills, experience, track record, and confidence to examine each mentee in significant depth. They must also be able to challenge the mentee inputs, but with empathy and passion.
A key role will be to challenge and probe in order to flush out the related substantive issues – both positive and negative. Part of this process is to build trust between the mentor and mentee to develop a confidential relationship.
It is important to emphasize that the mentoring inputs will be tailored to the specific needs of the mentee. Thus, the process should not be overly prescriptive.
Before you decide that you need, the guidance and support of a business mentor/coach you should consider several things:
- What areas of wisdom and insights do you need?
- No mentor is all-knowing.
- They may have many other mentees so you will not be the center of their universe.
- A mentor will take you on a journey to accelerate your growth and development.
- Decide what competences and knowledge you need help with?
- A mentor does not have to be a specific subject matter expert but has the skills to listen and empathize using their hard-won knowledge and most of all their wisdom (the ability to use knowledge and experience to make good decisions and judgments).
- The process of mentoring requires a very disciplined approach to developing goals and delivering on them.
- You need a mentor that will bring quantifiable and long-term value.
- Select a mentor that understands and delivers on your mentoring expectations.
- Always exchange a non-disclosure confidentiality agreement.
The qualities you need as a mentee : https://sherpha.com/mentoring-program/
- Commitment to the mentoring process
- Willingness to take risks
- Acceptance of uncertainty
- Natural networker
- Total commitment to hard work
- Passion, energy, and creativity
Mentoring is a fluid conversation but at an early stage of the mentoring process establish:
- How the mentoring process will be structured and the rules of engagement
- What do you need and what do you need to know?
- Does your idea have a prospect for success?
- How do you test the market to see will anyone buys from you?
- What needs to be done to have a finished product or service?
- What are the financial issues involved?
Sherpha is here to assist, help, and guide your journey from business idea to success, like a Sherpa would help you ascend to the summit of Mt. Everest. We support you in what you need to do and help you with how to do it.
Sherpha will provide you with a mentoring service that:
- Provides you with tools and insights for entrepreneurs in the process of, starting or developing, a business or project
- It helps you with simple and effective business development maps, business planning, tools, and techniques to achieve your business goals.
- Guides your enterprise to enhance success, save time and money by keeping business-focused.
Thomas Cullen Founder and C.E.O, Ireland and U.K.
Looking forward to hearing from you, book a free introductory online mentoring session
Copyright December 2019
#bestbusinessmentors #best online business mentors #business coach and mentor #business coaching services #business mentoring services #business development mentor #mentoring for growth #find a business coach #mentors for small business owners #businessplan #businessplanning #startyourownbusiness #beyourownboss #businessideasTags: be your own boss, business advice, business development, business mentor, business planning, business start-up, business support, mentor, mentoring, online mentor, self-employment, small business advice, small business support, start-up, start-ups, working from home
Categorised in: MENTORING and COACHING BUSINESS
This post was written by Thomas Cullen